- NEXT VECOM MEETING: Friday, April 12, 2019, 10:00-noon, at Fire Station 16 on Lawrence Street.
Here is Dick Illman’s powerpoint from the VECOM meeting on March 8, 2019
by Dick, AH6EZ
The attached multi-sheet Excel file is my highly revised standard
VECOM frequency list for the 2m and 440 bands. There will be some
added 220 band channels.
- Download full list revised 12 Dec 2018, MS excel format:
UV5R Master V12a Dec 2018 export
- Download channel explanations revised 12 Dec 2018 in MS Excel format: (Use tabs on bottom of sheet to view various categories.)
- FRS channels are ok. FRS 1 1 now labeled FRS 1.
They will hear all and transmit the default privacy code 1.
- Changed PT PD to PD Tac. Corrected and tested ctcss rx for Sheriff,
Fire, and PD Tac.
- For RT systems, the channels in the radio settings should be 128.
- I see there is a new Chirp version Dec 14, which I used.
Wednesday December 5, 6:00 PM
Nordland Garden Club, Marrowstone Island
More information on the Jefferson County Amateur Radio website at: https://w7jcr.wordpress.com/
THE GREAT WASHINGTON SHAKEOUT is coming this Thursday. Check with your local (neighborhood) emergency preparedness committee to see what local plans are in the works.
Here is a link to the shakeout web page: https://www.shakeout.org/washington/
Or contact the Jefferson County DEM for more information.
Click to download pdf file:
Operators move traffic between NW Maritime Center in Port Townsend, and boats on the race course in the Straits of Juan de Fuca. Operators left to right: Mhaire KC7YWX (digital position,) Jim K7QCK (marine radio,) and Clint KG7WNM (backup operator.)
Click link to download PDF file:
Click on this link to download slides from the meeting: Jefferson County ARES VECOM March 2018
The Baofeng Programming document is intended to be in a Resource Book.
The Programming Instructions and Frequency List are intended to be
laminated and attached to the lanyard on the portable. They might need
to be shrunk in the printing process depending on the practical
eyesight of the end user.
73, Dick Illman